Monday 14 January 2013

Blue Moon Tufnell Park


It was snowing outside and cold, so whats best for lunchtime, something warming and perhaps spicy. So I went down to Blue Moon Thai restaurant in Tufnell Park. They offer a lunch meal deal; starter, main and a drink for £7.95. So to start I had chicken tom yum soup. It was just what this weather needed, hot, spicy with a sour tang, delicious. I don't think I've had tom yum soup this nice anywhere. Ok I haven't tried all that London has to offer in tom yum soup, but this one is tasty. Then I had the pad siew with tofu. Fried soft thick rice noodles with crispy tofu and crunchy veggies, had the right balance of saltiness with a slight sweetness coming through. Yummy!! This isn't my first time here, and chicken tom yum soup is what I do tend to usually order, especially in this cold weather, but every time I do come here, the staff are always friendly and welcoming. 

It is a little disturbing that I'm already thinking about going there again for lunch tomorrow?? If any of you know the Tufnell Park area, it is pretty dreary and lack culinary offerings, but this is a little gem

No comments:

Post a Comment