Tuesday 27 August 2013

Elliott's Cafe, Borough Market

Happy National Burger Day



What better way to celebrate National Burger Day then to head to Elliott's Cafe in Borough Market for a cheese burger. I've read many reviews raving about the cheeseburger at Elliott's so I had to give it a try. 

The cheeseburger came with fried maris piper potatoes which were like roast potatoes really, really crisp but still light and fluffy on the inside. I tried picking the burger up with my hands and eating it but after just one bite all of the burgers juices escaped and made me look like a messy beast!! Their napkins were pristine white linen so I succumbed to the fork and knife instead. The burger was served pink and was great; big, fat and juicy. On top of the burger was onion and melted cheese. The onions tasted like the onions you get with your Sunday roast gravy; sweet onion, deep and beef-like tasting which were delicious. Spread on each bun was I can only presume olive oil with a bit of dill mixed in, to bring the whole burger together. 

The menu just states this as Cheeseburger with fried maris piper, so you have no idea what you are expecting, could it be just a simple, plain burger? Nope. The burger comes looking simple but tastes delicious, all of the flavours complimenting each other, so understated. 

The only thing I wasn't too keen on was the ketchup, which tasted as though it was made from honey, slightly too florally for me. Regular, plain Heinz ketchup would have made this a perfect dish for me. 

It was a little bit big for lunch so I didn't have enough room for dessert, never mind there's always next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment