Monday 26 August 2013

Morelli's Gelato, Harrods

 Morelli's used to be on the ground floor of Harrods in the foodhall before they redecorated and moved it upstairs. They've given it a more adult look calling it an Ice Cream Palour and Milk Bar. However on the day of visit, maybe they ran out of milk as Milkshakes were not available. No worries though as I came purely for an ice cream sundae. There are very few places in London that is an ice cream palour, serving fancy and decorative ice cream sundaes, so when I come here I feel like a kid again. The queue to the ice cream palour gives you a chance to eye up the gelatos on offer and also eye up anyone eating an ice cream sundae giving you ideas on what to order. I went for the Nocciolini, an ice cream sundae of vanilla, hazelnut and Nutella ice cream, served with a Reese's peanut buttercup, chocolate sauce, hazelnuts and whipped cream. I had asked for no hazelnuts, I don't have a nut allergy, I love Reese's peanut buttercups but I just don't like the texture of nuts, however my sundae came with nuts (even though when the bill came it also stated no nuts). Still that didn't put me off from the sundae. It was delicious, gelato smooth and creamy. I love ice cream so this was amazing to me, and pretty as a picture. I didn't get it on my sundae but they serve sauces for other sundaes in small chocolate pots so its a double treat delicious ice cream sauce like caramel in an edible chocolate cup. For me it's just a shame they only operate out of Harrods in London, I would love to see them have another outlet in London in an old fashioned ice cream parlour decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment